Things To Do On A Trip To West Virginia’s Three Rivers Region
Here it is: A to-do list that visitors to this beautiful part of southern West Virginia are happy to check off.
You’ll find all of the outdoor recreation you’d expect. But also, there’s the unexpected- the things that make the Three Rivers Region a perfect place for families and friends to gather.
Here are all the ingredients you need for a mountain vacation you’ll always remember…
- White Water rafting is a great way to see the New River, and canoes can get you to some remote places along the Bluestone and the Greenbrier.
- Go fishing if you’re going to spend time on any of the rivers that the Three Rivers Region is famous for, or Bluestone Lake. For experienced anglers and never-evers alike, this is the place to be when they’re biting.
- Camp sites or cabin rentals are the perfect way to stay while you’re visiting the mountain. Either way, you feel connected to the area, and we have plenty of both.
- Take a horseback ride while you’re here and see these river gorges as few others get to. Looking over the mountain views from horseback is an experience to remember and share for a lifetime.
- Go hiking, and see what a walk in the woods has to offer. The Three Rivers Region has exceptional hiking trails from mild to wild, with waterfall views and Appalachian Mountain vistas.
- Shop ‘til you drop, and then shop some more. You’ll find gifts, arts and crafts, and special somethings that are unique to the region and the people who call the Three Rivers Region of West Virginia home.
- Hit the links. Golf in this part of the southern West Virginia mountains is as beautiful as it is challenging.
- Go to a show. There’s a natural amphitheater and a drive-in (you read that right. A drive-in) that are just right for grabbing some special entertainment.
- Eat out. Seriously. The food here is wonderful. We’re just big enough to find something for everyone, but small enough to give it the flavor of the mountains.